I was after a little peace and quiet, plus I had re-installed Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos as well as Frozen Throne and was rather eager to escape reality :)
I am somewhat glad I don't have World of Warcraft yet, or I'd put my entire life on hold permanently hahaha! Crazy as it is, I have heard of some people who have. I suppose I'm not as lenient on myself as that, for I am always my own greatest enemy.
Apart from WC3 and FT, the weekend was spent on meeting up with loved ones :) So perhaps it wasn't exactly reality I wanted to escape, but virtuality?
I met up with G and Rz at Vivocity last Friday and I was quite disappointed overall by what is now Singapore's largest shopping centre. It is unfortunate that in Singapore, it seems to have become a business template that every successful brand should open multiple branches at every major shopping centre even if they are only a few kilometres apart.
As I had expected, all the popular brands were represented at Vivocity. They are to have a new Daiso and even a Pet Safari. Perhaps these two stores will be my only interests in the entire monolith of a mall. Yet it surprised me somewhat that there was no Mos Burger in sight. Or perhaps they haven't opened yet haha.
Yep, I have changed and so have my spending habits. Though I would not go so far as to say that shopping is no longer a staple in my life, but rather, that I have lost interest in constantly trying to attain the newest, trendiest, most fashionable of anything and everything this world has to offer.
Perhaps the most telling of examples is the fact that I have not yet purchase my own Flickr pro account, even though I have been waiting for it for months. At USD24.99 a year, it is so reasonably priced that I know my former self would have just purchased it in the blink of an eye. However I now know better to wait until I am surer of myself and my funds. Perhaps I shall use my (meagre) pay from my editing work to pay for it :)
Speaking of my editing work, recently I have been having a lengthy bout of inspiration. Old ideas that I had thought of in the past and never revisited in my mind are coming back to me with interesting modifications and new features that I have begun to see some potential where I never did before.
So perhaps here is yet another project for me to work on :)
On Saturday we went back to Vivocity again, this time to meet JL, Sol, Junk and family :) It was like a family reunion of sorts, and it was nice to cuddle Taryn again :) She is getting chubbier and more and more like our dear Junk :) She refused to take a nap even though she was exhausted because there was so much to see and people to play with her. So sociable!
We took her to Toys R' Us to take a look at their toddlers' section and found many things to amuse her with :P Now we know what sort of toys she likes, we have a better idea of what to do for Christmas :)
Shall end off with some photos as has become my habit these days :P

Someone complained and complained about Taryn but it is so obvious to everyone how much he adores her.
And the expression on his face in the next photo is how he will look like when he sees this - ready to complain again hahahah :P

To all our horrors, JL almost dropped her the first time when he tried to carry her =.=" We made sure the next time he tried he was sitting down and had both hands free to hold her..

Happy as always, no matter who carries her :)

- 14 November 2006 8:54am -
No comments:
Post a Comment